We currently do not have any vacancies, but, if you forward your CV, we will keep it on file and contact you when we expand and/or host large events.
The English Wine and Spirits Company, is a new and innovative and independent English wine specialist company with a new shop and tasting room in Devonshire Row, Liverpool Street. English wine has improved dramatically in recent years with sparkling wine winning international competitions and production increasing with each new vintage. Despite this, few end-consumers have tasted or know about English wine, often confusing it with British wine. Using enomatic machines to dispense small tasters and glasses of wine, we engage with our customers and bridge the communication gap between producers and end-consumers.
Full & Part-time Service and Wine Communicators
Location: English Wine and Spirits Co., Devonshire Row, London
The English Wine and Spirit Company is a new venture building upon the success of award winning Wine Pantry, located in bustling Borough Market. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about wines and spirits to join our team in a full and part-time capacity to help develop the appreciation of quality English wines and spirits.
We function both as a shop during as well as host private and individual tastings to allow customers to sample by the glass.
Successful candidates will be able to broaden their experience of English wine and build upon their tasting knowledge, supplemented with producer tastings, in-house supplier training and product knowledge development.
- Wine and spirit retail experience in the independent sector
- Hosting tasting events
- High level of wine knowledge
- Must be able to work effectively within a team to achieve sales targets
- Must be passionate about wine and spirits and deliver interesting and engaging information in a fun yet professional manner
- Must be enthusiastic to work and customer-service driven
- Must be extremely organised, detail-oriented and proactive
- Available to work Saturdays daytime hours
- Excellent communication skills, must be fluent or native English speaker
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be able to lift wine cases during deliveries
- Eligible to work in the UK
To apply, please contact Info@EWSCo.CO.UK with your CV and cover letter.
The English Wine and Spirits Company offers flexible two week Wine Internships. Internships will offer exposure to sales, purchasing, logistics and product management. If you are interested in learning more about the wine industry in a company dedicated to changing the future of English wine, please contact us at Info@EWSCo.CO.UK quoting reference “Internship.”
Must be over 18